Thursday, July 25, 2013

July - August Cakes

The last of the August cakes

Draculara.  This is Dracula's daughter from Monster High.  I was lucky to find the doll but the skirt with its little skulls was a challenge.
 

 This was the back of the skirt, all fondant.                            
The doll even has fangs....
Snow white edible print cake
 
Rose cake for a birthday


Barney cake
 I don't think I quite captured little Barney perfectly.  I need to buy the toy and study the details....


Mom's 70th Birthday

Mom's 70th birthday cake.  I had my husband make me a special cake stand so I could hang the cake. 
I made a 3 tier cake, chocolate caramel, carrot cake and red velvet.  The cupcakes are vanilla with custard filling.
 

 
Buttercream roses for Birthday cake

Justin Bieber cake, buttercream roses around an edible picture.


Ben 10

My little nephew Toma turned 3 and he wanted a Ben 10 cake. 
Buttercream on outside of the cake and then a flickering light was pushed in on the side of the cake.  It is a touch globe, just a small touch on the top and the globe comes on, it flashes all different colours and the speed of the flickering changes from slow to fast.


Inside the cake.  I hollowed out the bottom tier of the cake and poured Smarties and Astros inside.


Charlie and the chocolate factory cake for a 21st
 
All layers iced with fondant icing, buttercream grass tip was used between layers.  Chocolate gnache for the chocolate river down the centre.  Then came the sweets

A special memorial cake for Felly
 
I used the soccer ball cake pan and only baked one side to make a dome cake.  It was iced with buttercream roses.
 without decoration

with leaf and butterfly decorations

No comments:

Post a Comment