Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The start of a new hobby, quite by accident....

It all began in 2012....
April 2012
 
Baking a cake for a friend was the start to this enjoyable hobby.
 
Cute little popcorn cupcakes, cutting up mini marshmallows made for an interesting project.
 
The next project my son and his gorgeous fiancé Ashley engagement cake.....
 
sad to say I only thought of a picture cake.  The picture was of his proposal in Cape Town at Cape Point.
 
Moving on to my first 3d cake or so I thought.... I must say once I did this I was hooked on the 3d cake side, moving on....
 
 
June 2012

A friend birthday cake with edible shoes, I never thought of moulding the hat out of fondant
 
August 2012

The cutest cake came next, Shaun the Sheep.  I had to watch a tv show to find out who this little character was.  300 hundred and something mini marshmallows later and I had his 4 layer cake body covered.   The head and ears were a totally different story, it was really something working with rice krispie treats for the first time.
 
Then along came a cake for a special little girl. A tinkerbell cake.  What possessed me to decide on leaves for the skirt I will never know, I stopped counting after 200 leaves.  It really looked impressive tho, very happy with the dress.
 
 
and then for another friend a handbag. 

 
and the very same weekend a farewell cake for my son who left for the USA
 
 
October 2012
 
My son turned 20 and wanted a truckit cap, black one is the original cap, pretty good copy I would say
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment