Wednesday, July 3, 2013

More cakes

October 2012

1st birthday party cakes, this ladybird had the biggest body, the chocolate cake had to bake for over 2 hours, it really turned out sweet but I would use a smaller bowl for the body.  The head was made of rice krispie treats, and the little ladybirds were smarties with edible pen markings.

 
A hello kitty cake for my little niece.  I tried to make the head out of cake, silly as it was far too heavy.  Her head sort of stayed on until we cut it, but it was sinking into the cake so she looked a little hunched back.
 
 
November 2012
 
A challenge was to make a shoe box cake with a shoe cake.  I did not think of using rice krispie treats for the shoe, so carved it out of cake.  It was a little bulky but it held up well for the delivery.

A cute little lego cake came next.

and then came along a challenging cake.  A dunny cake, I had no idea what a dunny was so had to use google again.
Here is the cake and the happy birthday girl....

Along came Christmas and a friend wanted a present for the school.
 
And lots of cookies and gingerbread houses for my nephews and family.
 
Then it was off to America for my son's wedding...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment